Do you ever just see some Instagram accounts and go “Oh my gosh How does she/he does it??” and you immediately click the follow button. Even though your captions and individual pictures play an important role in building your IG audience, you shouldn’t underestimate the power of a cohesive and well organized feed.
It doesn’t matter what your IG theme is, from a minimalistic to a fun colorful aesthetic, there are some props which are worth investing in to make your individual pictures as well as your overall feed look beautiful.
- 1-2 Backdrops according to your theme: It’s important to have at least 1 to 2 basic backdrops for your content because it lays a foundation for your content. If you keep changing the backdrops for your content, you won’t achieve that cohesive look because your feed will look really busy. Depending on your content you can decide on what backdrops will be the best for you. Some examples are bed sheet in white or beige color or in any other color according to your theme. Marble contact paper, single ceramic tile which is like $2 each at Lowe’s, any clean surface of your furniture which isn’t too busy and gets ample natural light.
You can see how I use white and beige sheets as backdrops for my content
- Coffee table books: Coffee table books are one of the easiest and chicest ways to give your pictures an oomph! now coffee table books are little on the pricey side but definitely worth investing in to give your content an elegant touch.
- Candles in 2-3 different sizes and colors: Candles can instantly make your pictures look cozy. Especially the mini ones because they are so cute and can provide just the right balance to your pictures.
- Faux Flowers/ Pampas grass: Okay I love fresh flowers but let’s be honest they are pricey, not easily accessible and i just don’t think it’s practical to buy fresh flowers every time you are shooting content. That’s why I highly suggest investing in good quality faux flowers or pampas grass or any kind of premium faux plants as a prop. It dresses up your home as well as your content. There are so many options available on amazon, etsy and even the home decor sections of departmental stores.
- Additional small props: Some additional props which are totally optional but do make a difference when it comes to beautiful details in your pictures are fancy hair barrettes, pretty ribbons, pearls, flower vases in the background, Jewelry especially gold pieces, decorative trays, coffee/tea mug and saucer matching your aesthetic.
- Creativity: Now this is not a prop I know but it matters a lot how creative you can get with shooting content. Look around you, there are so many basic things which you can use to up your photography game. With time and practice you will be able to make simplest of things look beautiful and aesthetic.
So these were my suggestions on must have props to up your content photography! I hope you found this post helpful. Feel free to send me a DM if you have any questions 🙂